My little guy has a lump under his arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 2 years old now, and I noticed the other day he has a lump about a half inch in size under his front left arm. I guess you could say it's right near his belly...he doesnt seem to be in pain, if i touch it, he doesnt seem to even notice or be bothered by it. Any ideas what it could be? He was just recently at the vet less than 2 months ago and she said everything was fine. Any ideas will be appreciated...thanks :D

cupcake143

Original Poster
the lump is pretty soft, so im guessing its not bone. It almost feels like a little round ball under the skin. but i know he isnt in pain because when i rub it he doesnt even notice. he is active, eating well and acting his normal self...my camera is broken right now so i cant post a picture =(

cupcake143

Original Poster
Hes been going to the bathroom usually every other day like he normally does. today i noticed it was much more watery than its ever been before. he is on papertowels, in a 40 gallon tank with a reptisun 10.0 uvb, and a daylight heat bulb. his temps are, hot side 105* cool side *80. he isnt acting like hes in pain or anything which i guess is good..

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
I think it's a good idea to go and see your herp vet. Seeing that's it not the start of an impaction, it may just be the start of a cyst that needs draining but only a vet can say for sure :D

paintpyro

I recently noticed something similar. Does it look anything like this? My beardie is approximately 12-14 years old. I'm not sure what it is either. He's been on crushed substrate since I got him from a friend 7-8 years ago. Anyone seen anything like this?

2975272525_a94a77e9fb_m.jpg

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
I can't offer an opinion on the little guy, since it could be quite a few different things, so I would also recommend that you have him see his vet as soon as possible. It may be the beginnings of a cyst, or he could have an infection somewhere that is causing swelling in the nodes under his arm. If he's broken the skin somewhere, and an infection is starting, it could also be the beginnings of an abscess. If it is an abscess, it will eventually get sore and cause him pain, so it would be best to find out exactly what it is before it gets any larger and begins to cause him problems.

As far as your older beardie is concerned, because of his age and the way that it looks, my guess would be that it is some type of tumor, which may or may not be cancerous. It would also be a good idea to have him see his vet, although the vet may recommend that nothing be done even if it is a tumor, other than keeping him comfortable, simply because of his age. In a younger beardie, they would probably recommend that it be removed, but in a beardie his age, I doubt that surgery would be recommended, simply because the risk may be too great. However, if he is in good health otherwise, I could be wrong, and maybe it could be removed.

In any case, you need to find out exactly what it it, before a decision can be made as to what to do about it, and if it seems to be growing quickly, I would do it soon before it becomes too large and invasive to do anything about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom