More POO Question ... *GRAPHIC*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbodkin

Hatchling Member
Sorry but this seemed to be the best way to get to the point ... I took my BD fecal sample in today to get tested ... His Poo has always looked the same .... Sort of loose and very wet ... To the point where he will drag his back end for like 6-7 inches and leave a wet slick :puke:

I am trying to get an idea of what a "Normal" Poo looks like ... This is what his looks like most days and he only goes once a day ... Does it look ok or is it unhealthy looking ... sorry for the gross factor ... But I am sure you have all seen BD Poo before :roll:

DSCN3246.jpg

DSCN3240.jpg

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Ok that's just YUCKY.... but you are right. Most of my dude's poo is more like a log however it had a poo like that today. It's been pooing alot lately so that may be why.

jp11us

Hatchling Member
my beardie was like that, turned out she had quite a bit to much coccidia in her. costed $64 total for medication and fecal test.

jbodkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Vet just called me they found Hookworm and Giarda in his fecal sample ... He wants me to bring him in tomorrow to give him de-worming treatment ... The thing that is freaking me out is my 6 and 11 yr old handle him all the time ... We are really good about washing hands and using Germ-Killing Gel after handling him ... But now I afraid if this could have been passed to them. :shock:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The stool looks pretty normal though. Too bad giardia & hookworms were found so definitely meds will be needed for those as they can be rough on their system if left untreated.
Make sure & keep him well hydrated while on the meds though.

Tracie

jbodkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Man I am so freaked out about the kids though ... This is our first pet lizard ... I think I may take them to the Dr. also to get look at ... have you folks ever heard of BDs having these parasites or/and even passing them to humans? :shock:

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
there is only one thing I know of that can cross contaminate with humans and that is salmonella which is dealt with by thorough hand washing and the gel quite easily. It is difficult to get from a beardie anyway; I remember someone saying somewhere that you would have to lick their bum to get salmonella from a beardie, not sure quite how true that is though

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
that's nice

my vet said having hook worm (the pig variety apparently) is one of the best cures for IBS and autoimmune conditions - it focuses the body on a lesser pathogen than itself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom