How often do you replace your UVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive not long had Terri and not changed it yet but i hear its about every six months or so. i use a repti-sun 10, the only uv that is talked about by BD owners. hope this helps.
matt

Yes, it's recommended that the UVB bulb be replaced every 6 months.
A great one to use is the Repti-SUN 10.0 (not to be confused by repti-glo).
I have chosen to use the Powersun 100watt for now, and have had no problems with it. I love it and my beardies do as well. :)
Good luck!

LJean

Extreme Poster
It depends on the bulb. Long flourescent tubes 6 months. Mercury vapor bulbs, yearly.

andymkthxlol

Original Poster
Thanks for the input

Just to clarify things I am asking what bulb you are using and how often you replace it/intend on replacing it

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
i have a megaray mvb and it is recommended to change them yearly. this is a great source of uvb !! light and heat all in one!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I use megarays MVB for my older guys and change them out yearly and reptisun 10.0 linear for the babies and those need to be changed out every 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom