Baking Soda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurmann2000

Juvie Member
Wow, that's a great question. I hate that smell. I wonder about even just a box of baking soda in with the crickets. Or maybe a bowl full with a screen taped on top so they can't eat it.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I was waiting for someone to post to this. I too thought it was a great question. I have no answer though.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
The liquid in the crickets digestive system may react with the baking soda and create gas. Assuming crickets have to way of reliving gas, they will die.

Feed some crickets baking soda. See if it effects them in anyway?

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
And always remember that whatever your crix eat, then your beardies will also be eating it. So I think I'd be very careful with what I fed my bugs. :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
I understand what we feed to the cricks, we feed to our dragons. That is why I asked what the harm might be. I would surely test it out on crickets, but not feed them to my dragon. :)

I kill off more crickets and the smell.... ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom