Out of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennBeardy

Hey There,i was wondering how long i could keep my bearded dragon
out of the tank before he needs heat again.hes about 8 inches long.
i had him out for about 15 mins today he seemed fine.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I let mine run around for about an hour. But never right after they eat. I let them bask for at least two hours after eating before I take them out.

BennBeardy

Original Poster
Thanks alot for the info. Helps a ton as you can tell i dont know much. trying to
gather as much info so i know what im doing.

maxattack

Juvie Member
Yep, definately let them bask after they eat since they need the heat to digest their food. I let Buttercup run around for as long as she wants then when she is tired she will usually find a corner to poke her nose in. This usually means she is cold so I pop her back under her basking light. Also,at night when it's night, night time I keep her out for longer since she wouldn't be getting heat or UVB in her viv anyway. That is our cuddle time. :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom