This is just disgusting,

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
vickson420":bfd18 said:
beardie parents":bfd18 said:
This is bad. This kid should get mental help. I remember reading many years ago, about a serial killer that was caught. Apparently in his childhood he treated animals badly, as this kid did. This man grew up to become a serial killer. I have read that this is a normal occurance for serial killers to abuse animals this badly.
Yes and that man name was Jeffery Dahmer and not only did he kill people he ate them :puke: .

beardie parents,

i've done a lot of extensive work on serial killers ( i know creepy but something interesting ) over 95% of serial killers were animal abusers as children.

lock him up!

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
That boy needs serious help! Hope he gets it or his life will be one living hell when he gets older! I learned in Buddhism that all the anger and hate lead to evil stuff like this and is the main cause of suffering. In the end, if doesn't get the right help now, he will be his own undoing! So the saying that what goes around comes around is really true. It's not just this mystical force people believe. I have learn this the hard way myself. It's not a good feeling to live with anger and hate. It makes you do questionable things, that hurts yourself, too, not just other people. Believe me! I've learned the hard way! It hurts yourself more than anything! :|

kirby

Extreme Poster
A turtle, four Western blue-tongued lizards, two bearded dragons, two thorny devil lizards and the zoo's 20-year-old goanna were among those killed.

Ive been to Alice Spring Reptile park. its a wonderful place, and one of the very few places in the world who successfully breed thorny devils, a very rare and hard to keep species.

i dont know how a 7 year old kid got his hands on the animals. unless he got behind the scenes. the kid knew what he was doing, i know its bad, but i wish he had a very close call with the croc or even a nice bite, to teach him a lesson. he will be the next outback murderer.

PuffPuff11

Hatchling Member
The article says he climbed over the security fence to enter the zoo, i'm assuming his parents did not know where he was..... WHERE WERE HIS PARENTS?
I really wish he had gotten into the crocodile pit... that would have been a good ending...
And I agree he needs help now.
I dont see how anyone could do such a thing.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
nesta's mommy":e1b88 said:
vickson420":e1b88 said:
beardie parents":e1b88 said:
This is bad. This kid should get mental help. I remember reading many years ago, about a serial killer that was caught. Apparently in his childhood he treated animals badly, as this kid did. This man grew up to become a serial killer. I have read that this is a normal occurance for serial killers to abuse animals this badly.
Yes and that man name was Jeffery Dahmer and not only did he kill people he ate them :puke: .

beardie parents,

i've done a lot of extensive work on serial killers ( i know creepy but something interesting ) over 95% of serial killers were animal abusers as children.

lock him up!

You proved the point I was making. I have heard/read of this problem before. Something needs to be done, NOW.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
beardie parents":fda44 said:
nesta's mommy":fda44 said:
vickson420":fda44 said:
beardie parents":fda44 said:

beardie parents,

lock him up!

You proved the point I was making. I have heard/read of this problem before. Something needs to be done, NOW.

Thats scary. I really hope they do a mental evaluation and get this kid in a 'safe place' where he can't hurt any other living creature.

I feel bad for the poor caretakers, they had probably formed attachments with the animals over the years. What a horrible thing. Even my three year old son knows to be extremely gentle with our little Daytona. He loves her and always wants to give her head a little pet.

Nyx1900

I can't even imagine.
Let's all just remember, karma kills. (bad kind)
He'll get whats coming to him. And his parents should be ashamed!

Peter Griffin

Juvie Member
Not sure if they have this charge in Australia, but here in Texas, we have something called:

§ 22.041. ABANDONING OR ENDANGERING CHILD. (a) In this
section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without
providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under
circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult
would leave a child of that age and ability.

(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or
control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons
the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to
an unreasonable risk of harm
(c) A person commits an offense if he intentionally,
knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence
, by act or
omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15
years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or
mental impairment.

An offense under this title is a State Jail Felony.

At bare minimum, they need to look at the lack of supervision and possible get the Australian equivelent of Child Protective Services a call.

Jennie

Hatchling Member
That boy is one fry, 2 chicken nuggets and a cheap toy, short of a happy meal for sure...It’s unbelievable how evil people can be no matter the age. :angry5:

kirby

Extreme Poster
i highly doubt Australian police will give them the full and justified force of the law, if they were cats and dogs, RSPCA would be all over it, and it would be through our papers and across the news for weeks. instead it got a few short pages on Internet news.

Peter Griffin":0f0c8 said:
Not sure if they have this charge in Australia, but here in Texas, we have something called:

§ 22.041. ABANDONING OR ENDANGERING CHILD. (a) In this
section, "abandon" means to leave a child in any place without
providing reasonable and necessary care for the child, under
circumstances under which no reasonable, similarly situated adult
would leave a child of that age and ability.

(b) A person commits an offense if, having custody, care, or
control of a child younger than 15 years, he intentionally abandons
the child in any place under circumstances that expose the child to
an unreasonable risk of harm
(c) A person commits an offense if he intentionally,
knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence
, by act or
omission, engages in conduct that places a child younger than 15
years in imminent danger of death, bodily injury, or physical or
mental impairment.

An offense under this title is a State Jail Felony.

At bare minimum, they need to look at the lack of supervision and possible get the Australian equivelent of Child Protective Services a call.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
so this kid is too young to prosecute? what about the parents? they might not have raised him to intentionally harm animals but they clearly didnt instill proper morals and values in the child.

this kid might not get any direct punishment from the law, but hopefully this kids parents will recieve so many angry letters and calls they will have to move or go into hiding. perhaps the expense and inconvinence of relocating will coax the parents into disiplining their child in the future.

outrageuos :x .

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
by kirby on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:11 pm

i highly doubt Australian police will give them the full and justified force of the law, if they were cats and dogs, RSPCA would be all over it, and it would be through our papers and across the news for weeks. instead it got a few short pages on Internet news.

what people need to realize is that a life is a life. if somebody gets a thrill out of snuffing out the lives of innocent reptiles he probably isnt going to stop there. soon hes going to be drowning cats or shooting dogs. its only a matter of time before he completely snaps and goes on a shooting-rampage downtown...

hopefully one day soon, a link with be recognized between diliberate cruelty toward animals and sociopaths.

here is an excerpt i found on the internet, i think it has some baring on what we're discussing:

WHEN YOU SAY THE WORD "sociopath" most people think of serial killers. But although many serial killers are sociopaths, there are far more sociopaths leading ordinary lives. Chances are you know a sociopath. I say "ordinary lives," but what they do is far from ordinary. Sociopaths are people without a conscience. They don't have the normal empathy the rest of us take for granted. They don't feel affection. They don't care about others. But most of them are good observers, and they have learned how to mimic feelings of affection and empathy remarkably well.

Most people with a conscience find it very difficult to even imagine what it would be like to be without one. Combine this with a sociopath's efforts to blend in, and the result is that most sociopaths go undetected.

Because they go undetected, they wreak havoc on their family, on people they work with, and on anyone who tries to be their friend. A sociopath deceives, takes what he (or she) wants, and hurts people without any remorse. Sociopaths don't feel guilty. They don't feel sorry for what they've done. They go through life taking what they want and giving nothing back. They manipulate and deceive and convincingly lie without the slightest second thought. They leave a path of confusion and upset in their wake.
Author: Adam Khan

the users of this website show that the world can be a warm, friendly place. unfortunately, we share the world with a scary bunch...

kirby

Extreme Poster
i had to laugh at your rampage downtown comment, purely because there is NO douwntown in Alice Springs. its a tiny suburb surrounded by desert. the closest petrol station outside of 'town' is two hours away.

i will agree that there is a link between this behaviour, and dangerous adults. but something inside me says 'he's seven' punishing him too much would scare him into a loony-bin. he should be reminded throughout his life, and possibly do community service at the reptile park, to see how much these people care about the animals, and how much he shouldnt have done this. starting now, and ending when he is around 18. every few years spend a few weeks. and meet with ALOT of people about how precious our wildlife is, peoples pets and property. and how his act effected the animals, breeding programs and the future of Horny Devils, particularly the breeding program Alice had. Juvi, or jailing his parents would probably make him worse. the law needs to act maturally on an easily persuaded SEVEN year old CHILD.

i commented earlier that i wish he had a close call, purely so he would learn a lesson. the above would probably be the best option.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
kirby, i agree that children are easily frightened. even satans spawn can cry. i just hope that some day he looks back on what he did and feels remorse.

i never even thought about the damage he has done to the breeding program there. his parents should be held legally responsible. if they cant pay for the damage he has caused then he should be made to do service work for that park until the debt has been repayed.

i did some stupid things when i was younger and im glad somebody was there to repremand me accordingly. thats how we learn the difference between what is socially acceptiable and what is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom