Baby Beardie Help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDomke

my BD is wobbling and falling down
by VDomke on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:03 am

Hello,
I am new to this so forgive me if I this is a mess.
I have 3 new beardies that my mother bought for my children, we have had them for about 2 and a half weeks. We have 2 who are doing great, they are more juvenile and have recently shed so are growing well, but then we also have a small one that is flipping, haveing problems catching food, very lethargic and motor control is extremely bad. I have dropper fed it with Collards, carrots and grapes blended into a liquid, I have put Herptavite with Multivitamins and Rep-Cal Calcium with VIT-D powder sprinkled into the mixture and feed it this at least twice a day with dropper and there has been a steady decline in it's health.
This baby beardie belongs to my youngest girl and I am extremely worried as there seems to be no progress.
All of the beardies came from the same parents at the store, the Man is an expert and owns the REPTILE HOUSE in Jacksonville Florida and raised the parents himself.
The Beardies have recently reached Juvenile age but this Small one is still very small compared to it's siblings. Can anyone help me before it is too late ?
VDomkeVDomke
Newbie Poster

Private messageE-mail

ArdorAndZeal1

Hatchling Member
mm stressful!

-
could you please tell us more about the tank setup(s)
what is your source of UV b?
temperature gradients?
substrate?
feeders?
-
try a using ReptaAid from the pet store (its about $16 tho)
-or you can try a can of ensure (vanilla), 1 small chicken baby food, 1 multivitamin, 1 banana blended together and give your BD 2.5mL a night if your BD will take that much
-
if your BD is living with the other dragons, you should isolate her/he.
Flipping could be a sign of a number of things, including Metabolic Bone Disease. Which young beardies are prone too.
-
keep us posted and hopefully we can help!

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
Agreed it could be a sign of MBD. If you could answer these questions, it would be really helpful and we can see if we can figure out whaqt is going on

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are they all related? Sometimes that happens. Perhaps he had trouble coming out of his egg when he was hatching, or was one of the last eggs laid & he is having calcium absorption problems.
Does he get enough to eat?
Are they all housed together? Sometimes they don't get enough to eat when they are housed together if you don't watch them closely enough.
How do his eyes look, are they bright, or sunken in? What do his stools look like? Are the urates hard or soft?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom