Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hey there everyone! Denise Bushnell has put together a great article to help explain the mystery of brumation. Ever wonder why a beardie seems to slow down with a decreased appetite, but everything else seems healthy? While symptoms of lethargy and lack of appetite may be a sign of a health problem, it could also be that your bearded dragon is going through a period of brumation! Check out this new article to find out more and gain a bit more of an understanding of brumation!

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

And don't forget to check out the other helpful and informative articles available on BearedDragon.org.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/

Thanks Denise, for getting this great article put together!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
This article is really comprehensive, informative and fun to read! :laughing6: I haven't seen anything better on the subject! Thanks to you Denise, for your well-spent time and effort, and to Beardie for posting it here (and all the other work you do here!) Kudos to both of you!

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
Thanks I have been asking about this for a few days now trying to find out exactly what it is.....awesome info!!!

jennybud

Hatchling Member
thanks so much for this! Though i could have used it three months ago. my bindi just woke up from a 2 month brumation. In the summer! we tried everything we could think of for helping him eat and be active again. changing uvb bulb, heat lamps, syringe feeding, ect. . . then i was told he's probably brumating so we let him be. the last two days now he just wants to run around and he ate (only one super and a few bites of escarole) and made a poo. I'm so exticed to see him waking up again. he is basking well and soaking in the UVB i just wish the weather was nicer so i could take him out again before it gets cold. thanks again.

amazing ...important info ...will be using that as a reference source a long time to come ..
thank you for taking the time to put it together.

(b)dragon tamer

Hatchling Member
Heh if i saw this article earlier it would've saved me 50$ going to the vet,10 for repticarpet, 20 more for sand again and a whole lot of time. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom