Reptile Rescue Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
[admin: Changed to sticky due to strong relevance to the Rescue forum]

Over on my hedgehog forum, we have a hedgehog rescue train. Basically what that means is a network of members who are willing to do some driving to help get a rescued hedgie to a new home. One person picks the hedgie up, drives a ways to get it to the next person, who drives a ways to get it to the next person, etc., until the hedgie reaches it's new home. This way we can move hedgehogs long distances without any one person having to do all the driving.

I'm wondering if people here would be willing to set up something similar for reptiles. So often I see posts about beardies or other herps that need rescuing or rehoming, and people say "I would take him/her if I was closer." If we had a reptile rescue train, then maybe we could give more of these herps a loving forever home.

What do you think?

TheresaSch

Sub-Adult Member
THAT is a great idea, I'm so down! I'd do anything to helpa little guy or girl get to a new home.

Im in south east fl, so keep me in mind!! Just PM here or shoot me an e mail to [email protected]

Wow, how come we never thought of that before lmao??????

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Wow! :shock: What a great idea!

I'd certainly like to help out! I'm in western NC, pretty close to SC, TN, and VA, so I can bridge a gap there.

TheresaSch

Sub-Adult Member
Maybe if we get enough people something can be posted on the main page anyone that comes to the site can see, with the people's e mail addresses willing to hlep out and of course their locations :?: . This way if someone stubmles upon the site they can click and see, then it'll be between us to try and work it out once one of us is contacted.

SW fla is an hour west of me so that works good, and of course north and south, but as far as outside of fla im screwed lol. that's a real hike!

It doesn't even have to be limited to beardies either (within reason).

Seig

Hatchling Member
I live in WV, I'm on the I-81 corridor.
I am near Northern Virginia, Hagerstown/Frederick MD, and Southern PA.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
well as of december 1st i can drive.
so im in college station.
and im sure my older sister would love to help.
with driving.
and no not just beardies but nothing six feet long that could eat me either.
that would not be good.
but im sure my beardies would love that.
hahaha

TheresaSch

Sub-Adult Member
jarett_harrison":3a7eb said:
and no not just beardies but nothing six feet long that could eat me either.
hahaha
that's what im saying! lmao, Anything larger than me or WIDER than me around I'd really have to put some thought into lmao.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
yeah because getting eaten isnt on my list of things to do.
feeding the lizards is though.
little buggers.
taking minute out of my day.
haha

Thor's Mom

Sub-Adult Member
I would climb on board. I'm always looking to help an animal in need. I'm in Michigan, Metro/Detroit area. Great idea Jasper's Mom!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I would be in too. I am in the middle of NC. Maybe me and Nasubi 77 could work together, since I am middle in and she is western NC.

:blob8: i could help out too, I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. And as far as size of reptiles goes, technically I can't have anything over 6ft in city limits so..... :roll:

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
I would help out only can do it on wednesday and thursday but i live in phoenix arizona and i love driving.

Pookachu

Hatchling Member
I live in Bayonne, NJ which is close to Hoboken/Jersey City or anywhere really in New York City. I drive down twice a month to my parents place in Vienna, VA which is pretty close to D.C. so i'd be willing to help out if there is anything along that route (or not too far off from it).

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Wow, what a great response! I'm so happy that people are interested in doing this. Maybe we can have something similar to the members map, but for the rescue train. If enough people are interested, then no one should have to drive more than a few hours. Thanks everyone - my faith in humanity is restored! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom