Hey All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoerrle35

Ijust got my first two Bearded Dragons for Fathers Day! In my opinion the best gift ever. I am new to this type of pet ownership, (experienced dog owner) Before I got them I did do a lot of research but I would still appreciate any helpful tips and/or info.

Thanks,
Drew

jenjen

hehe happy father's day!!! The only things that I have noticed n my month and a half of newfound parenthood are that #1 the beardie stomach is bottomless (just don't feed em any large crickets for a while)!!! #2 Don't ever think they can't hold a grudge because they can (make sure they get lots-of attention if you go on vacation!) and most of all #3 they are AWSOME!!! When you walk into the room they remember who you are and are all about chillin' out on the couch, taking a nap in the palm of your hand, or watching some t.v. (mine loved Jurasic Park hehe :D )

So what have you named him/her and how big is he/she?

Ozzy's Mom

Juvie Member
Welcome Drew....and happy belated fathers day!

How old are your beardies? What is their sex? What are their names? Do they live they live together? How big is their home?

LOL....you'll find beardie owners are very curious creatures. Also......some of the answers will help others give you suggestions or tips. I'm a novice here....so I don't offer much advice yet, but you'll get asked these questions often on here.

Along with those some other questions will probably be: what are the temps of your beardies home, what substrate are they on, what type of UVB and basking bulb do you use?

Oh....and the most important.....can we see some pics?...hehe

Again, Welcome to the forum.

Stoerrle35

Original Poster
My girls are just little babies now, maybe a month if you can trust the pet store.... (the same one that told me I wouldn't need to get them more crickets for a whole week because they just fed them that day.......) They eat them at least twice a day sometimes three. How many do you think they should be consuming each feeding?

Their names are Keiko and Haruko. I know Beardies are from Australian origin but when I hear the word "dragon" I think of Asia, hence their names.

They do live together, now in a 20 gal, soon to be in a 55 gal tank.

Their basking temp now ranges from 100 - 105 depending on how cool the house is and their cool side is about 82.

I use an Exo Terra Repti Glo 8.0 for their UVB and Exo Terra Day Glo Basking lamp for roughly 14 hours and Exo Terra Night Glo lamp for the other 10 hours

As far as pis, how do we upload them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom