New member - well sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Cricket

Original Poster
OKAY!!

How the *(&**^&^*( do you post a picture. I have plenty on the computer, but don't know how to get them on here.

Hunter's mom

momofonebeardie

BD.org Addict
I think that he is not pooping on a regular basis as he is not eating enough. His body knows he is not getting enough and it needs it.
I would try to give him more crickets.
Make sure they are no bigger than the space between his eyes. Give him a full 15 minutes to eat as many as he can.
Fluffy is 8 months old and has always pooped everyday.

bob marley

Hatchling Member
What substrate do you have him on. does he have a water dish and do you ever see him use it? You said that your temps are around 100. what kind of light are you using. when I started using my reptisun 10, my beardie started eating twice as much as before.

shadi11

BD.org Addict
momofonebeardie explained what i ment. if hes not getting enough of the food he needs he will not poop regularly. he will conserve what he does get to try to utilize more of it. this is also what slows the growth. thats also probably why hes only a foot long.. its an easy thing to correct though.. all you have to do is increase the food and they will usually start growing..

mark thorpe

BD.org Addict
i agree with feeding more crix, as lil guys they munch crix like theres no tomorrow. once they reach about a year or so, you should start to restrict the amount of crix you feed them, i give Derek 4-5 crix and a couple of supers every day, along with her salad, and shes fine.. but shes 4 1/2 years old.

at that age he should be pooping more often, whats his basking area, and how are you measuring it? also what UVB are you using? also, what is your substrate?

barti1

Gray-bearded Member
What are you measuring his temps with? Do you have a UVB light? How much is he eating now? Once he starts eating more, he will start pooping more :lol: For the pictures you need to register (for free) an account on photobucket.com, and you upload the pics from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom