New member and new beardDragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
Oh yes yer definatly going to need some more lighting to keep a viv that size warm over a 10 gallon..
Mine is 4'x2'x2' and on the top i have two lights for heat.. One 200watt bulb and one 75 watt which keeps my temps perfect (105-110 on the basking side and 85 or so on the cooler side). I also have 2 UVB fixtures about halfway up on each side of the viv so he can get good and close to them.. :)

Spike17

Original Poster
I am a little worried about spike, he doesn't eat a lot of the crickets only 4-5 that I see, most of the time he is kicking them around when they come close to the top of his log, it's very cool to watch, he has a lot of attitude, there was this cricket that was on his had trying to bite his eyes and annoying spike, as soon as the cricket jump off his had spike went straight to him there was like 2 other cricket around that one, but he went after the one that was bothering him and eat him, I was like COOL!!!
But back to the worried part, he eat his veggies but just few of the crickets. Should I be worried?
I have had him for 5days

And the spike's house is almost done :D taking a little long then I thought :whip: :book: :?

maelstrom

Hatchling Member
How big are the crickets you're feeding him? If theyre too big he might not go for them simply because he knows theyre too big for him.... They should be no bigger than the space between his eyes..
I know for my 6 week old he eats VERY small crickets.. 1/4" and prolly 3/8" on my next order of 1000..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom