New bearded owner..cant get babt to eat greens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaida520

Juvie Member
Hi guys...I am rachel from NC..My little dragon Kaida wont eat her greens.I just got her today..she ate about 8 crickets...im guessing she is 5-6 iches long..about 9 weeks old..what size crickets should i go with.i bought the "small" ones from petsmart but they seem a little too big for her...anyways anyone who could give me some advie would be very appreciated by myself and Kaida.thanks!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Hi! Welcome aboard! Give your baby a week or two to settle in before you start worrying about the greens. They suffer from relocation stress when they first come home, which can affect their appetite. Plus, babies like things that move and prefer their live food to veggies. Just keep offering them every day. If you are still having problems in a week or so, then I'm sure we have some tips to share to help you out. 8)

Kaida520

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much!...what size crickets do you think she will take..she is about 5/6 inches long.i ordered 1/8 crickets just incase

ncbeardies

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to bd.org. Where abouts in NC are you located? I live in Apex. Your baby should be getting 1/4 inch, if not 3/8 inch crickets. I feed hatchlings 1/4 inch and then go up a size after a few weeks. The 1/8th inch are going to be tiny.

Kaida520

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gastonia NC..its about 20 minutes west of charlotte.

shoot...i guess she will just have to eat alot of tiny ones.
Thank you so much for your advice!its nice to see someone from nc who loves bearded dragons too!

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
Pog still hardly ever eats his greens. Hes about 5 months old now, its just a young beardie thing. They are stubborn. When hes older he will munch em down fast :)

ncbeardies

Sub-Adult Member
I am just SW of Raleigh. If a baby is not used to eating greens it is hard to get them to start. I have all of mine eating them at a week old and so far they have all gone to their new homes eating mustard greens and Rep-Cal Juvie pellets. There are a few others from NC on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom