Just an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
My little man Thorin is doing great! He is still a divo but I love him! He is getting use to baths and new foods are being introduced. Blueberries are the new favorite treat, kale in moderation has now been approved, he has tried peas but I think he is still thinking about if those are good. He does like grape or cherry tomatoes, also given in moderation.
  • 111536-8389775874.jpg
111536-760751297.jpg
111536-8079340197.jpg

As you can see a healthy guy. Besides taking your bearded outside when weather allows and holding/bathing them, what forms of enrichment do you use for your beardie? I take Thorin outside and to my work whenever I can. With winter coming I wanted to know what else I can do for him since going to work with me and time outside won’t be options when it is colder.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to see he's doing well. That's a very interesting drinking stance :lol:

For enrichment, I try to provide time free roaming and when time outside isn't possible, I like to set up a small cushion/dog bed type of thing in the window sill to provide lots of time to look out the window. That seems to be a pretty popular option among many dragons.

amsnels123

Original Poster
I hadn’t thought of that. We have to be extra careful in the house because one of our cats wants to play with him and we know she will accidentally hurt him. Right now he likes to be on the back of the couch to look out the window with his harness on. I read that a small ball may catch their interest or a feeder toy of some kind for live food. What do you think about these options?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah, yeah you want to make sure he's isolated from the cat. As far as balls go, my guy hasn't really shown much interest. He has some of those little plastic cat toy balls with the bell in it. He'll follow it for a minute or so but loses interest. I've tried putting some worms in it and he likes that but can pick them out pretty easily so it's short lived. Certainly worth giving it a try though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom