Terrarium setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan4L

I was wondering if my setup for my tank was okay. I want to know if my lights are setup probably and if my terrarium was too small for her. She's 18 inches and the tank is 40 gallons.
109017-1244215100.jpg
109017-9431062485.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank is too small - the UVB is a T 8 ? What brand of bulb please and is there a cover over the bulb? This is extremely important

PatsFan4L

Original Poster
KarrieRee":37ne1lky said:
The tank is too small - the UVB is a T 8 ? What brand of bulb please and is there a cover over the bulb? This is extremely important
The bulb is a t8 from zilla and yes there is a cover over the bulb. If this is wrong what do you recommend

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the T 8 needs to be unobstructed NO screen and NO cover - for now I recommend you change out the bulb to a Repitsun 10.0 T 8 better bulb - fixture is fine --when you get the UVB situated please take a piece of decor and have it directly under it 6-8 inches this bulb will need to be changed out in 6 months I recommend 5 -- you will need to upgrade the UVB to atleast a 24" fixture when the tank is upgraded ------ I would be looking for a new tank of 75-120 gallon -- you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist -- look for one w/ front doors and if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ F10 found on Walmarts website its spendy but real good or some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out - if you need help getting the UVB inside I can post some things to hang inside for you or take the screen partially off where it has no obstruction - like setting it width wise across the tank and have the screen 3/4 on w/ the screen butted up to the UVB and basking bulb beside it

PatsFan4L

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29g4b9xv said:
Ok so the T 8 needs to be unobstructed NO screen and NO cover - for now I recommend you change out the bulb to a Repitsun 10.0 T 8 better bulb - fixture is fine --when you get the UVB situated please take a piece of decor and have it directly under it 6-8 inches this bulb will need to be changed out in 6 months I recommend 5 -- you will need to upgrade the UVB to atleast a 24" fixture when the tank is upgraded ------ I would be looking for a new tank of 75-120 gallon -- you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist -- look for one w/ front doors and if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ F10 found on Walmarts website its spendy but real good or some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out - if you need help getting the UVB inside I can post some things to hang inside for you or take the screen partially off where it has no obstruction - like setting it width wise across the tank and have the screen 3/4 on w/ the screen butted up to the UVB and basking bulb beside it
Thank you for all the help. I will take note on what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom