Black color on teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
First of all, sorry for posting a lot of questions.. I just found this place and I’m really thankful for it and everyone who’s helped me so far. I’m just trying to figure out how to help my beardie live a long and thriving life.

I noticed a black color on my beardie’s teeth. She’s been eating normally and has had normal activity levels. I’ve read that it could be stains from her food or a disease. Could anyone specify what it is and what I should do? Thank you ^^

111754-1822002884.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
That is probably just stains or the beginning of tarter. I have seen some older dragons loose teeth but I don't know if it was related to tarter or not.
If your dragon will tolerate it, you could always try brushing with a baby toothbrush, see if any stains clean off.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":enw21hai said:
That is probably just stains or the beginning of tarter. I have seen some older dragons loose teeth but I don't know if it was related to tarter or not.
If your dragon will tolerate it, you could always try brushing with a baby toothbrush, see if any stains clean off.

I tried but she kept closing her mouth and shaking her head. Is there any other way?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Can you get a few bristles between her lips while her mouth is closed? Might be able to at least get the outside surfaces of her teeth.
I don't know of any way to keep the mouth open.

The stains really shouldn't be a problem, most dragons get it to some degree. Does she eat veggies good? Maybe crunchier one like peas(in the shell) and bell peppers would help clean off any loose bits.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":1vedz1qv said:
Can you get a few bristles between her lips while her mouth is closed? Might be able to at least get the outside surfaces of her teeth.
I don't know of any way to keep the mouth open.

The stains really shouldn't be a problem, most dragons get it to some degree. Does she eat veggies good? Maybe crunchier one like peas(in the shell) and bell peppers would help clean off any loose bits.

I’m trying to get her to eat more veggies, right now she’s only eating collard greens. I’ve been trying to get her eating a more variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom