Tail Rot????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galia2277

I’m unsure if this is tail rot, my bearded dragon is currently shedding their whole body and is still waiting for parts of their tail. She is around 4 1/2 years old and she’s always had a slightly darker coloration on the lower end of her tail. As I was helping and checking on her shed I got a bit paranoid and worried as to whether or not this could be tail rot.
111775-8263309300.jpg
111775-7031088131.jpg
^^^
that’s the tip of the tail

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tail tip looks like it has healed up. How long has the end been in that condition & do you
know what caused her to lose the end of the tail?

Tracie

Galia2277

Original Poster
Hello!
The tail tip has never actually fallen off of or been damaged, that I know off. She’s always had a slightly darker colored tail end, but as I was checking up on her shed I got a bit worried that the tip looked darker than normal. I’m not sure if i’m just being paranoid but i just would like to make sure if it is or is not tail rot.

Right now she’s currently in the process of shedding and I believe parts of her tail are still waiting to be shed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look like part of that area on the lower portion of the tail is going to shed. The tail
tip definitely is not infected. A lot of dragons have naturally darker pigmentation on the
ends of their tails.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom