How many bsfl is to many?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl recently was fed way to many bsfl by accident. I’m estimating 100-150. I’m super concerned with possible hypocalcemia. This has never happened before! She didn’t have any calcium dustings since the days prior to this but did have about 10 bsfl about 2 days prior. She has already pooped today it seemed a little watery but otherwise normal. I was advised to maybe not feed her anything calcium rich for the next 2-3 days. I’m hoping that I can get some direction from some of you as well. I know Facebook isn’t always the greatest for advise. I’m pretty concerned at the moment! Any advice would help. Thank you in advance!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is a lot, but I wouldn't be concerned at all with hypocalcemia. If using BSFL as a staple, you really don't need to dust at all.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What instar were the BSFL ?

bslf-life.png

My adult bearded dragons Cleo & Caesar will each happily put away 40 each ( 2nd & 3rd instar sized BSFL in a sitting ).

MyBabyFaith

Original Poster
Claudiusx":3jc5cphu said:
That is a lot, but I wouldn't be concerned at all with hypocalcemia. If using BSFL as a staple, you really don't need to dust at all.

-Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I didn’t think it was necessary to dust when using them as a staple.

MyBabyFaith

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1bawa17y said:
What instar were the BSFL ?

bslf-life.png

My adult bearded dragons Cleo & Caesar will each happily put away 40 each ( 2nd & 3rd instar sized BSFL in a sitting ).

They were at varying stages but I’d say most of them were between 2 and 3. She will generally eat 30-40 about twice a week. Then I give her super worms in between dusted with her multi vitamin and occasionally crickets and discoid. I was just extremely surprised she ate so many!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom