Sleeping early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1203

I have a 5 month old bearded dragon that as recently for the last week and a half started to go to sleep at 4 p.m to 5 p.m and her lights turn out at 7 p.m. now when she is awake she is active she loves to eat, her poop schedule hasn’t changed and she shows no sign of being stressed but she did get a new cage 3 weeks ago but she never puffs up and her personality hasn’t changed. I took her to the vet about 3 days before this happened and everything came back perfect. The basking spots are around 100 - 105 and I have the repti sun 10.0 v8 uvb light that I tested with the repti zoo uv sensor card and shows it’s producing uvb. The temps in her cage are 90 degrees on the hot side and around 80 on the cool side with humidity being 40-45%. Her lights stay on from 7 am to 7 pm. Her food consists of a salad every morning and she gets two feeding of 20 black soldier fly larvae 3/4 inch. Now I was wondering if this could be brumation I know she’s still younger but was still wondering if it could be this. I’ll link a picture of her cage as well.
110966-5874009817.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont see the UVB --- if its in a dome please get rid of it --I have not heard of a 10.0 v8 uvb-- a T 8 bulb is a long tube fixture -- your dragon needs a long tube fixture for a UVB --- NO coils - they are inadequate and will / can cause long term health issues --- for a tank your size you need a 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb -- this would be causing the dragon to go to bed real early - and temps should be 95-100 for a juvie / adult dragon and the temp needs to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- IR guns are no good for hammocks and stick ons are only good for ambient temps

Nate1203

Original Poster
The uvb is there’re I’ll post pic it’s just not visible from that perspective and do you have advice for what kind of probe thermometer to use or a type of brand to use?
110966-1285502804.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the UVB is being obstructed by the screen - T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen please put it in the tank or take the screen off or open it up somehow- she needs to have a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches --- shes not getting enough UVB the basking temps are not high enough if that is a true reading of where she sits for basking --- you MUST have a probe to get that temp so before adjusting anything first get a actual temp then go from there -- also how old is the UVB? https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/environmental-control-and-lighting/zoo-med-reptile-terrarium-digital-thermometer-14914.html?cgid=500202
And I would increase the amount of BSFL or add some dubia roaches to her diet --- 20 BSFL is not enough for her -- when adding the roaches please dust them w/ calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding along w/ vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding --

Nate1203

Original Poster
Also for BSFL she gets 40 a day I explained that bad the 40 is broken up into two feeding with each feeding being 20

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is she eating them all ? If so I would feed more till she quits - is she eating the salad? You can use those BSFL to lure her to the salad bowl - but she needs the vitamins as well - you can add the dubias www.dubiaroaches.com that would make a nice compliment and they are filling - this site has them on sale till the 31st use code JULY42021-- they are a great staple feeder

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sounds good make sure you order the roaches no bigger than the space between her eyes length wise they have a chart on there so look at that

Nate1203

Original Poster
The last thing I want to ask to is how do I measure the temps with the probe monitor do I do it in the air or do I push it against the driftwood

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Set the probe on the spot where she basks leave 10 minutes then get the temp -- you want it 95-100 --- you can use stick ons for air temp ambient its called --- you want the middle of your tank in the 90's - you can use the probe to get the temp in the middle of the tank and I would invest in a digital probe hygrometer --- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank it will read the whole tank for humidity --- you want that to be 40-50 no lower than 20 and no higher than 70 %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom