My beardie is Black!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaahPacheco

For the past 3 days my beardie has kept his beard and tail black. He seems to look a pale color and his eyes are not the bright orange they usually look like. They look lighter orange and pale as well. They're bulging out. He has refused to eat and hes been sleeping all day for these days as well. I took him out to get direct sunlight like i do everyday but that didnt help, ive bathed him with warm water and he stayed the same.
When i took him to the vet and had blood work done they called me back and said he was fine that he might just be black bearding but im going to schedule another appointment because he does not look normal like other days. I need advice or help to figure out whats going on with him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your dragon is not doing well. Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the
type/brand of UVB, supplementation, temperatures & foods given, so we can help determine
what could be going on.
Is his beard dark all of the time? If you have pictures of him, please post those along with the
tank setup. That is a good idea to get a second opinion. If you can get a copy of his blood work
that would be helpful also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom