Yellow in the mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubymiss

Hi everyone:
I just notice that my 2 to female grow some yellow color inside her mouth around gums and tip of her tongue, some yellow on her throat (two pieces look like vocal cords), yellow scales by the mouth. I heard some bearded dragon have liver issue develope yellow in the mouth, so I dont know is it her new color grow out or should I worry about her health issue, she does act a little bit lazy and eat less food recently (still eat crickets but less greens).her tank temperature(110F/87F) and uvb are normal, poop color dark green and white .Does anyone have your baby with yellow mouth like that!?thanks a lot..Ruby
104660-1146770912.jpg
104660-6259652865.jpg
104660-1044738414.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, some dragons just have that color in their mouth naturally and it's no problem. I've seen many like that, nothing to worry about ! :)

rubymiss

Original Poster
Hi,thanks for reply,Chiao is the least active one compare to my other 2 dragons, so I kind of worry about her more, but I'm glad you said its normal.less worry .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, they have a lot of variable in genetics. A yellow pigmentation in the mouth is one of the
initial genetic traits which was said to provide a type of self defense mechanism due to the
bright yellow color. Some still have recessive genes for this trait.
I think it looks fine, just based on the pictures.

Tracie

rubymiss

Original Poster
Hi
I do notice that some yellow start to show up in her nostrils and around eyes after shed, it is her new color grows out...thanks a lot for reply

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, over time, they definitely can have pigmentation changes. I am glad she is doing well!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom