Dislocated Shoulder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I had posted previously about my beardie getting stepped on in his upper body.. I brought him to the vet and they did X-rays which showed no broken bones and she mentioned he was walking fine. The next morning he wasn’t using his front leg at all. 4 days later and he’s still not using it. The doctor said I can bring him back in or send out his X-ray to verify that there’s no breaks. But since he was using it that night and stopped the next day could it just be sore? He’s on pain meds.. also I’ve seen him digging with it at bedtime so could it be dislocated but also still be able to dig with it? Not sure the next steps.. thanks for your help.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry he is still having some trouble! How is he doing today?
Yes, they can definitely get a sore muscle, or bruised from being stepped on, etc. Did the
vet think that he might have an injury but not necessarily any broken bones?
It does take some time when they have some type of injury so give him some time.
Has he eaten anything today?

Tracie

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

I was chatting with you on my other thread about Stew. He’s doing ok but still not using his arm. I haven’t heard back from the doctor after sending the video to see if she thinks he’s just babying it or if it can be dislocated. Thankfully the X-ray looked good at that time but I hate not knowing if he’s going to be able to use it. I’m still trying to figure out how to take his big rock out and replace it with something lower but still get him close enough to his lights. He’s eating if I put him in front of it so that’s good! I’m going to post a video of him so let me know what you think! Maybe I’ll post it on my other thread too if anyone else has an idea.
https://youtube.com/shorts/ReP5r8_nBdw?feature=share

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing? Interesting, something is definitely going on there, as he isn't using
his arm. Does he pull back if you try to touch or move it?
It doesn't appear swollen but it obviously is hurting or bothering him if he isn't willing to use it.
Did he give you any type of pain killer for it, or not? You could try using some liquid serrapeptase
for help with pain & swelling. I carry it on my online store, if you wanted to try it.

Let us know how Stew is doing.
Tracie

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Hi Tracie! He’s doing ok.. he’s still eating and I’m trying to keep him quiet so I hope that’s helping. I tried to give him a bath because he hadn’t pooped either but he didn’t use it much there either. He doesn’t seem to mind when we touch it to see if it bothers him but he is on pain medicine. Maybe he just needs more time to heal and thankfully they gabe him 2 weeks of pain medicine. What kinds of things are in your store? Thanks for checking in on Stew!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope he is feeling better, bless him. Something is definitely hurting though. They do take a
while longer to heal than mammals do so definitely give him some time. If you can keep him
from running around then it should get better pretty soon since nothing seems to be broken.
The pain meds should help out for him but should only be used for a relatively short period of
time because of the side effects. I have serrapeptase which is silkworm enzyme & it helps
with pain, swelling & inflammation. Here is a link for my store if you wanted to take a look:

www.bug-de-lite.com

Let us know how Stew is doing!
Tracie

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Hi Tracie! I just ordered some Bene Bac from your store for Stewie. He’s been walking a ton better but now he has coccidia probably from the stress he was under with his injury. He’s on albon now so I’m hoping this will help his gut stay in good shape. He’s already been on it for 4 days so I’m hoping to start it soon! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom