Help with a weird skin patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitsu

Hey guys,
So my male Dragon Dova has had a strange skin patch on his head for a while now. It has persisted through several sheds but hasn't seemed to impact his health in any way. He still eats and plays, but it's something strange that I have never seen on this site before.
It hasn't spread and has remained this small size on the top of his head. This picture is of fresh skin, as the grey patch itself has shed off just two days ago. I've been a bit worried and have watched it closely as I tried to get into my account, but I decided to put it here as he doesn't seem to be in immediate danger.

Thanks!
full

Nitsu

Original Poster
Just as a follow up to this; this was UNDER a shredded bit of skin, and has shed independently of the rest of the head, shedding much later and keeping this dull grey texture on new skin.

Apolla

Does he seem hurt or bothered by it? Could be a spot that got worn out earlier than the rest of the head, though it's at an odd spot. Is there something in his enclosure that might line up with that spot? My dragon's snout tends to shed more often because she bonks the doors.

Nitsu

Original Poster
Apolla":3hw0fmly said:
Does he seem hurt or bothered by it? Could be a spot that got worn out earlier than the rest of the head, though it's at an odd spot. Is there something in his enclosure that might line up with that spot? My dragon's snout tends to shed more often because she bonks the doors.
He isn't hurt by it at all, just gets annoyed when I poke at it too much (but no different than if I were playing around with his tail). He bumps into things alot too, but the only thing I can think of would MAYBE be hitting his head while bumping around in his travel carrier.
Thank you for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom