Glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never had a problem with Sunkist glass surfing all 9 months I've had her. She's usually a very relaxed bearded dragon, opting just to sit on your chest and chill instead of going and running around. Now when I hold her she just wants to jump off my chest onto the floor ( She hasn't succeeded yet I swear she thinks she can fly..) and when she's first on the floor she likes to run full steam into my wall then explore. Even with frequent let outs (30+ mins a time) she messes up her enclosure and has even stopped regularly eating her salads preferring to scatter the salad than eat it and then knock around her décor.

The only rest I get from her near constant rubbing on the glass is when she tires herself out or is trying to get her BSFL out of her beardie ball toy/feeder then she basks for a little bit but then its off to the games of trying to find a way to phase through her glass. Oddly enough she only seems to do this with me in the room; ive walked outside room and stood out of her sight in the doorway when she is amidst her surfing and she stops almost immediately. If anyone has an idea why she may be doing this i would appreciate the input.

Incase this helps her Reptisun tube 10.0 18" was replaced 3 months ago which is mounted inside her enclosure at the safe distance of at least 6 inches from the highest point in her enclosure and her basking is the proper temp (80F-90F) and her humidity stays within the 30%-40%.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temp needs to be increased to 95-100 and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer--- 80"s is for cool side of the tank --- is she digging at all? UVB should have no clear plastic cover over the bulb - distance is good -- what size tank is she in?

SentientRoomba

Original Poster
Ill increase her temps; shes currently in a 40 but i do plan to upgrade her to a larger enclosure in the near future just trying to find the right style/brand, her uvb is uncovered, and she is not digging at all. She just is pressing her nose against the glass and tries to go forward;she doesn't really use her arms when she's doing this behavior. Im thinking of ordering more enrichment items/décor as maybe she got bored of her current ones?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My guess is she has outgrown the tank -- they will do that --- I would try letting her out more often and work on upgrading her tank --- you can look at Zen Habitats they are nice tanks I have 2 of them they are made out of PVC and bamboo sides and back - light weight -- and now I see they have tempered glass front doors of which mine are the plexiglass/ acrylic which scratch easily that was the one thing I didnt like about these tanks but I am ordering the tempered glass ones now --- also Carolina Cages but they are glass and are heavy - and other places too - google 4x2x2 reptile enclosures and see what comes up - you dont want any tank lower than 18" then you will run into heating issues --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom