Help! Beardie swallowed cherry pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Hi guys, so I was outside with my beardie Ginger and I was feeding her pieces of cherry. A cherry rolled towards her and she started eating it. I tried to reach my hand inside her mouth (and got a nasty bite too), but she had already swallowed the pit.

I am very concerned she will become impacted. She seems to be acting normal - alert and running around. But then again this is less than an hour after she swallowed it. Should I wait for a few days and see if she poos it out, or give her a laxative now? What are some signs something is wrong? I'm also afraid of her prolapsing, which I heard has happened before when they swallow a sizeable object :( . Any help is appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if she's anywhere past 12" she should have no trouble at all. Beardies eat + pass all sorts of foreign objects and anything like a small pebble has passed through every single one I've ever read about on here in the past 11 years. Ginger should have no problem, just feed her as usual, maybe just a tiny bit less and the pit will come through with the food. .

catwu20

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ginger
AHBD":jaxaca3w said:
Hi there, if she's anywhere past 12" she should have no trouble at all. Beardies eat + pass all sorts of foreign objects and anything like a small pebble has passed through every single one I've ever read about on here in the past 11 years. Ginger should have no problem, just feed her as usual, maybe just a tiny bit less and the pit will come through with the food. .

Thank you so much AHBD...that does a lot to ease my stress. Have a good day :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! And don't be too concerned if it takes a little bit longer, you can feed her natural laxatives like canned pumpkin, baby food squash or sweet potato and unsweetened applesauce.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh they can sure be fast , eating things that they shouldn't right in front of your eyes! I hope
your hand or finger is ok, they have sharp teeth!
As AHBD says, she should be able to pass that through, hopefully sooner than later. Soft
foods as suggested should help out!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom