Alert, looking for food, but won’t eat when offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent123

I have a 1 month old who for the past couple of days has been wandering around his tank looking for his crickets and something to munch on. However, every time I offer him crickets, he’s scared of them and runs away from them. He’s been in hunter mode but runs when offered any crickets. I tend to only let about four or five into the tank at any given time (adding more as he eats them). Any ideas on what’s going on/how to convince him to eat? He has adjusted well to his home (I have put him in a starter until he grows into the 70 gal I have from a previous beardie). He’s on reptile carpet and I plan to change to tile in the near future. He’s really calm and relaxed so I take him outside to get his UVB (I do not have a bar that will fit his tank at the time but plan to get one ASAP).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may just be timid around crickets in particular. I would keep the amount you are offering down so they are easier to track. I'd also try some other feeders like black soldier fly larvae or small hornworms and see if those are less intimidating for now.

Moved by moderator from Advanced Discussion to Feeding.

Mine did at first, so I put a combination of cricket and mango purée in his dish, she ate well. I also put a little piece of Mango and juice in the crickets keeper. Once they walked into the mango juice and started eating it, I put them and her habitat and she went crazy! Now she just eats plain crickets and gets fruit and greens in her dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom