Rhubarb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostlizard

Hello, i was told that rhubarb was a safe food for bearded dragons, I have been feeding it to my bearded dragon (he's 4) along with other greens for about a week. I now have found out that it's toxic to them. He seems perfectly normal and I've been feeding him other greens for two days. Should I be concerned?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Did you feed the stems or the leaves? The leaves are the bad part.
If he is doing ok now, then he should be fine. I would try to encourage him to drink plenty of water or even feed some romain for 2 or 3 days to help flush his system.

If he starts acting off at all, get him to a vet asap.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, if he is doing ok a couple of days later then he should be fine. It should have already
affected him if it was going to.
As suggested, give some extra oral fluids to help flush out his system. You could even use
some activated charcoal to help out his system too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom