Black raised spot on my bearded dragons beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelaViserion123

My bearded dragon is 2 years old and about a year ago I saw a small black spot growing on his beard. I thought nothing of it at the time because it could have been a birthmark. But now it’s raised and has become dry looking at the bottom of it. I’ve caught him twice itching it but I don’t know if it’s been more than that when I’m not with him. It has now become blue-ish black and I’m becoming very concerned.

111725-3715099180.jpg

111725-5694474950.jpg

I hope you all can see the photos, this is my first time using this sight?

I hope you can help my baby?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, post a few pictures without the circle around it, just normal. And to be proactive you can get a small bottle of betadine , use it by mixing with water, 1 part betadine to 10 parts water to dab on with a Q-tip or cotton ball and after it's dry get a small tube of antifungal cream and dab some on .

BelaViserion123

Original Poster
AHBD":7hrc4k23 said:
Hi there, post a few pictures without the circle around it, just normal. And to be proactive you can get a small bottle of betadine , use it by mixing with water, 1 part betadine to 10 parts water to dab on with a Q-tip or cotton ball and after it's dry get a small tube of antifungal cream and dab some on .

Okay thank you so much!! I’ll look into getting that! Here’s the normal photos

111725-9134315108.jpg
111725-2322013453.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It looks like a patch of shed but it is a little odd so putting those products on should clear it up and help it shed. Be alert when using a cotton ball or Q-tip that he's not a derpy dragon like one of mine that thinks anything coming towards his face is a treat and tries to bite it. :) BTW, you don't have a heat rock do you ?

BelaViserion123

Original Poster
AHBD":3ugb9vv7 said:
It looks like a patch of shed but it is a little odd so putting those products on should clear it up and help it shed. Be alert when using a cotton ball or Q-tip that he's not a derpy dragon like one of mine that thinks anything coming towards his face is a treat and tries to bite it. :) BTW, you don't have a heat rock do you ?

Okay great! He is currently shedding so that probably why it looks a little blue or grey but when he isn’t shedding, it’s black. I do not have a heat rock but I do have a rock in the cage but it’s not on the heated side. What anti fungal cream do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom