Black raised spot on my bearded dragons beard

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Black raised spot on my bearded dragons beard

Postby BelaViserion123 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am

My bearded dragon is 2 years old and about a year ago I saw a small black spot growing on his beard. I thought nothing of it at the time because it could have been a birthmark. But now it’s raised and has become dry looking at the bottom of it. I’ve caught him twice itching it but I don’t know if it’s been more than that when I’m not with him. It has now become blue-ish black and I’m becoming very concerned.

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

I hope you all can see the photos, this is my first time using this sight😅

I hope you can help my baby🥺
BelaViserion123
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Black raised spot on my bearded dragons beard

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:29 pm

I got some one taking a look at it
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby BelaViserion123 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:45 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I got some one taking a look at it

Thank you so much!!❤️
BelaViserion123
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi there, post a few pictures without the circle around it, just normal. And to be proactive you can get a small bottle of betadine , use it by mixing with water, 1 part betadine to 10 parts water to dab on with a Q-tip or cotton ball and after it's dry get a small tube of antifungal cream and dab some on .
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby BelaViserion123 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 pm

AHBD wrote:Hi there, post a few pictures without the circle around it, just normal. And to be proactive you can get a small bottle of betadine , use it by mixing with water, 1 part betadine to 10 parts water to dab on with a Q-tip or cotton ball and after it's dry get a small tube of antifungal cream and dab some on .

Okay thank you so much!! I’ll look into getting that! Here’s the normal photos

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
BelaViserion123
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 pm

It looks like a patch of shed but it is a little odd so putting those products on should clear it up and help it shed. Be alert when using a cotton ball or Q-tip that he's not a derpy dragon like one of mine that thinks anything coming towards his face is a treat and tries to bite it. :) BTW, you don't have a heat rock do you ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby BelaViserion123 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:11 pm

AHBD wrote:It looks like a patch of shed but it is a little odd so putting those products on should clear it up and help it shed. Be alert when using a cotton ball or Q-tip that he's not a derpy dragon like one of mine that thinks anything coming towards his face is a treat and tries to bite it. :) BTW, you don't have a heat rock do you ?

Okay great! He is currently shedding so that probably why it looks a little blue or grey but when he isn’t shedding, it’s black. I do not have a heat rock but I do have a rock in the cage but it’s not on the heated side. What anti fungal cream do you recommend?
BelaViserion123
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health