Arcadia 12% vs. 14% in 2' Enclosure

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Arcadia 12% vs. 14% in 2' Enclosure

Postby resamille » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:27 pm

I've got a 4x2x2 enclosure with the 34" 12% bulb inside the enclosure. Currently Micah's basking spot is mounted at about 12-14" below the UVB, in line with the recommended distance for that bulb as far as I know. I honestly wouldn't even consider getting the 14% since I've had no issues with the 12% EXCEPT for the fact Micah has been a bit of a brat recently (I think he's doing a weird pseudo-brumation) where he's been napping quite a bit on the floor of his enclosure (~22" from UVB). He also weirdly likes sitting under his CHE bulb which is on the opposite side of the tank, not directly under the UVB and about 18" from the UVB. Considering these habits, would it be a good idea to get the 14% and just lower his basking spot accordingly?
resamille
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Arcadia 12% vs. 14% in 2' Enclosure

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:56 am

I would leave as is - he knows when he needs the UVB and will go sit when he needs to
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Re: Arcadia 12% vs. 14% in 2' Enclosure

Postby resamille » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:10 am

I'm just a terrible helicopter parent honestly, so I worry, but I'll trust he's getting what he needs. 12% bulb it is!
resamille
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures