Beardie Possibly Ate Poison Ivy

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Beardie Possibly Ate Poison Ivy

Postby Cynesta » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Need help!! I had my beardie outside and he darted towards and took a bite of a plant that resembles poison ivy before I could pull him away. Is this poison ivy? I live about in the middle of North Carolina. Should I be worried? I do have activated charcoal on hand. He is over 2 1/2 years old and weighs 438 grams. Thank you for your time and help, it’s greatly appreciated!!
Cynesta
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 am
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie Possibly Ate Poison Ivy

Postby Gail » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:35 pm

That doesn't appear to be poison ivy. Google virginia copperleaf, it could be that.

I'd suggest leash training so your dragon can never get to unknown plants. Pull up any weeds you can't ID, maybe plant some dutch clover for him to browse on.
User avatar
Gail
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 8177
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 6:53 pm
Location: North Idaho
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Beardie ER

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users