Dig Box - Hot or Cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitlings

Which is the best side to place a dig box - hot or cold?

The hot side risks getting the sub too dusty when dry, which irritates reptiles’ eyes and lungs, and makes it harder to dig. The cool side risks the sub remaining too moist and growing fungus/mold. It is a balancing act. In your experience, what side would you keep it on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Most are put on the cool side I believe- and like you said the heat will dry the substrate out --- you wont need to really moisten it on the cool side -- any sand / dirt is going to get in the dragons eyes but heat will really make it loose w/ the coolness it wont get so loose -

Kitlings

Original Poster
KarrieRee":v2sgzjg5 said:
Most are put on the cool side I believe- and like you said the heat will dry the substrate out --- you wont need to really moisten it on the cool side -- any sand / dirt is going to get in the dragons eyes but heat will really make it loose w/ the coolness it wont get so loose -

Okay thanks, I’ll move my dig box to the cool side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom