Arcadia Lighting Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalemami

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I recently got a 7-month-old female (we think) bearded dragon.

I just moved her into her new 48x14x17 enclosure and she's loving it, but I'm having some issues as far as UVB lighting.

Right now she has an Arcadia T5 HO 12% in her tank with a reflector. Her basking spot puts her within about 8 inches of that light. I'm a newbie so I didn't really think about how close that was. Ever since she's had it, I've noticed her skin has been darker and she has stress marks on her stomach. This leads me to believe the light is too strong. Especially since recently, she hasn't been wanting to leave the shade under her bridge. Like a lil troll.

I just ordered a 6% to remedy this, but I've read on here that that's too low for a bearded dragon.

Her tank is not tall enough for me to put it any higher, and making her things lower would take a lot of enjoyment out of her day, I think. She's always jumping around in there and I'd hate to leave her bored. Will the 6% be enough?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of screen do you have? Is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type--- the basking decor for a 12% bulb should be 12-15 inches directly underneath --- if your screen is a wide hole type it can sit on top w / basking decor 8-10 inches directly under --- but it must be a wide hole type- ---- it is recommended tho the 12% bulb --- here is a website for the Arcadia -- https://www.arcadiareptile.com/lighting/full-sun-baskers/
I do recommend the 12% be used try adjust the distance by either adjusting the basking decor so its lower or sitting it on top if screen allows it --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom