Brumation time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Show of hands whos beardie is in Brumation??

What do you typically do when they are asleep??
Do you do anything special for them?? Or do you just leave them alone till they wake up in 2-3 months?

I made Ranger a carrot cabbage salad today (I doubt he will eat it but its there if he wants it) and cleaned up his tank. I don't wanna bug him he's sleeping under his lounger. I put him in the shower earlier and pooped him. I was worried he would get corked up.. I've heard some stories. I also didn't know want him to get dehydrated (once again he probably didn't need it but I've heard some stories. So I did it.) lol he sorta slept through that too lol (it was a soft warm sprinkle and he was sitting on my hand. Totally safe.) He then ate some silkworms, climbed back up his lounger, and drifted back to sleep. I've turned his lights back off. Lights only came on for worm digestion.

I wonder how long he will brummate this year. ? last year it was 2 months. Hes been in Brumation for about 2 weeks now.

His tell was he ate like a vicious monster for a straight week. (Hes NOT a voracious eater in any means. Hes a food waster unless its what he wants at that very moment. Picky)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please no more cabbage ---- here is a nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Your dragon should not be in brumation now --- unless it is winter where you are --- my guess there is a basking temp issue a UVB issue or your dragon is sick ---

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm in Florida he doesn't brumate during our winter because we don't have a winter. He starts when we jack up that AC during our hottest months. June July and August. He's just confused but he does it every year same time. He has his T5 light in with a reflector. He's just slow going and sleepy.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Winter here for me - NSW Australia .

None of my pet bluetongue or water skinks , or beardies are down the count . Everyone is up and basking , just a wee bit lazier than usual but that's about the extent of it .

Different story for the resident wild geckos, water skinks and water dragons. Not been seen or heard since early May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom