Help! How do I nebulize my Beardie's URI??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steviesnugget

Hi everyone!! First Post and I love this forum so TYIA!!
Nugget is my 1 yr old beardie. He was acting very strange so I took him to an exotic vet. They did X-rays and said he had an URI. They prescribed .2ml Baytril 2 x day. They wanted me to bring him in the next day for two separate nebulizer treatments and then at least 2 more times after that. It's really far from my house and VERY expensive. Can I nebulize at home? Dosage of Baytril OR Colloidal Silver to water/saline?? I have a plastic container and a nebulizer just not sure how to do it and dont want to overdose Nugget. I also have powdered probiotics and bee pollen but he isn't eating or drinking so not sure how to get it into his system!! The doctor also prescribed a very dark and sticky vitamin mix that Nugget loves. The vet said to give it to him 2 x day for life.

Please help us make this little guy better !!
Thank you!!!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
You need to ask your vet to mix some up and let you do it at home, that's what I did a few years ago. That and the batryl should do the trick. I have the same setup here at home for these things.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can help with ratios for nebulizing. What is the strength of your Baytril solution that you
have?
If he has a stubborn respiratory infection nebulization can be used 1-2 times daily, for a
couple of weeks. Usually the treatment should last for a 10-15 minute time frame.
Just let me know what the Baytril solution/strength is & I can help with the mixing for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom