Great judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I am bored and looking at reviews for PetSmart’s bearded dragons just to see all of the cute pictures of people’s baby beardies and I stumbled upon this absolutely genius picture.

full

I know they are herbivores but this just seems like a stupidly dangerous move as an iguana can trample or tail whip a beardie which would not end well at all.

We also have someone holding their hatchling upside down on their back ??‍♀️

full

Gail

BD.org Addict
Thats why you just stay away from sites like that. The amount of people who own reptiles and treat them horrendously is staggering.

Join a facebook beardie group if you want to see lots of pictures. Many of the groups won't allow pics or even discussions about beardies hanging out with other animals.

Iguanas are herbivores but they are also opportunistic and would happily eat a little beardie if hungry enough.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail":25tqmxp6 said:
Thats why you just stay away from sites like that. The amount of people who own reptiles and treat them horrendously is staggering.

Join a facebook beardie group if you want to see lots of pictures. Many of the groups won't allow pics or even discussions about beardies hanging out with other animals.

Iguanas are herbivores but they are also opportunistic and would happily eat a little beardie if hungry enough.

Thanks for the advice, I love seeing baby beardie pics — especially beardies that have been prepared for & weren’t just impulse purchases with the crappy zoo med kit with the awful coil “uvb” bulb and purple/red heat light. Ugh, the amount of people who I see using a colored heat bulb drive me crazy, how does one lack so much common sense as to say “that’s hard on my eyes, it’s probably hard on their’s too.” ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This person said they went back to buy their beardie a “friend.”

Did they not Google “can I house two bearded dragons together?”

full

Gail

BD.org Addict
Did you notice the back foot of the bottom one? His friend is making a snack of his toes

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail":3qhu5vpe said:
Did you notice the back foot of the bottom one? His friend is making a snack of his toes

Oh yeah I never noticed that, I just saw he was black and thought “he’s so distressed omg.”

Btw I went into Petco just to look at the fish the other day while my mom was next door getting something & I literally saw a fish just come up and rip the tail fin off of one of them & it made me so sad. Petco has no common sense when it comes to housing fish. (Idk fish care at all but something tells me that something isn’t right if one species of fish is attacking a different one & consuming pieces of them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom