My new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellaXo

Hello everyone,
I got my beardie, Stella, a couple week ago. She was from a woman who just couldn't look after her anymore I so I took the chance and now shes come to my home where shes happy. She is 2 years old and extremely stubborn when it comes to eating. Her past owner let me know that she has never eaten veggies they tried her a few times but she never ate them so they never tried again. Now I'm in a pickle because she is refusing to eat veg for me too. Is there anything that can help I've tried bee pollen but she doesn't like that she isn't even phased by it. She is also off and on when it comes to her eating, she will only eat her insects if they are dead such as crickets and locusts. she will eat her worms alive though. Is this a normal thing?
One last thing is that she has gotten very overprotective with me, from the moment I got her she was comfortable with me and loved just cuddling all the time, but now she wont let anyone else come near me while she is on me she will puff out her neck if anyone comes near me. Is this also a normal thing?
Thankyou everyone and I look forward to any replies :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Normal unfortunately w/ the veggie thing --- have you tried putting some worms on her salad --- I would get her some BSFL and use those to lure her to the salad bowl --- you will need a dish like this to keep those and worms in the bowl • https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
what are you using for a UVB please NO coils --- basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate --- as far as the protection thing not sure about that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom