any frilled dragon owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
I've posted some concerns about my Simi on the frilled dragon section but have no response. Is it because there isn't much known?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
wendysn63":b0hd636l said:
I've posted some concerns about my Simi on the frilled dragon section but have no response. Is it because there isn't much known?

Simi is a Chlamydosaurus kingii ( Australian Fill Necked Dragon ) right ?

I live in Australia and have some experience with Frillies ( back in the 1970s when I caught one in the wild on a camping holiday at Lightning Ridge , kept it as a outdoors reptile cage pet - in a converted bird aviary for about 6 years) .

I have Brown's book that covers husbandry , breeding and health issues for Frillies ( and other Australian Dragons ) and might be able to find some answers for you therein , I also know a local Newcastle breeder / keeper or two who I can perhaps call on the phone if need be .

In the first instance - perhaps your answers are here - http://nswfmpa.org/Husbandry%20Manuals/Published%20Manuals/Reptilia/Frilled%20Lizard.pdf

Wish I owned a couple but too pricey to buy captive bred hatchlings in NSW.

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I'm not sure if he is a New Guinea or Australian however, I don't know if you were able to read my post on the frilled dragon page but we have three. Simi is the oldest. We love them to death. Especially Simi he was our first and he has some health issues right now of which we have been giving him antibiotics that the vet prescribed. The bloodwork shows his organs are good but his white cell count is high. We are just so worried for him. I will certainly look into the book you have suggested. Thank you

wendysn63

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I was able to gain a lot of useful info from the manual "kingofnobbys" suggested. But, I wasn't finding anything that relates to Simi's health issue right now at hand. He does seem better some days. He did display a little aggressive behavior toward our other frillies yesterday ( nothing too bad) but today he seems somber and still hasn't eaten much. He does drink water though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom