Too much albon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilys

I'm not sure if I have an emergency or not. My beardie was prescribed .1 cc of albon a day for 3 days for pinworms. They gave me 3 syringes with .3 cc in each. When I attempted the first syringe, I barley got any in him because he moved his head. I tried again with the second syringe and unfortunately, I pushed down too hard and he got all .3 cc. All together, it was probably about .35 cc and he is 130 grams. I am on the line with ASPCA poison control, but I've been on hold for 30 minutes. Should I get him to the vet ASAP? Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I PM'd you. How is your dragon doing this evening?
Do you have activated charcoal on hand? If not, use some parsley, cilantro, basil & oregano,
made into a paste mixed with water. That can detoxify the system also.
Albon is normally not used for pinworms, but instead, coccidia. Overall the dose is within the
recommended ranges of 25-50mg/kg.
Let us know how your dragon is doing!

Tracie

emilys

Original Poster
He seems fine. His appetite is normal (huge) and there hasn't been any vomiting. His behavior also isn't noticeably different. He hasn't pooped yet, but hopefully it will be fine. It's been almost 24 hours so once he poops normally I think I can stop worrying. The vet at ASPCA poison control recommended continuing with the .1 cc dose after he's been fine for 24 hours. I'm also giving him bene bac dissolved in a bit of water.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great he seems to be doing fine right now! Luckily his dose was pretty much, in range
so he didn't get too much of the medication.
I would say he probably does not need the Albon though if he was diagnosed with pinworms.
You could wait to give him more & let his system normalize. The bene bac will definitely help
out his tummy & appetite too.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks very good there, no indication of stress. I am glad that this had a good ending, not all
of them end well.
Let us know how he is doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom