Sneaking in vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Any tips on how to sneak vitamin powder into Sam? He hates the taste and knows what it looks like on his food and won't eat it. He is fine with calcium.

I was sneaking vitamins on a whole dandelion leaf, just one side so when I'd hold it for him, he couldn't see the powder. That stopped working after just a couple times.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
what I do is dust his bugs bc he gets them 3 times a week which is around the number of times to give vitamins! :D

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
That's the problem, the vitamin dusted bugs look different from calcium dusted bugs. He knows the difference.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
So what I do spray down his greens and sprinkle the vitamin powder on them so it sticks to the greens and then toss them in a bowl so it mixes in and they put it in his dish. My guy also won't eat anything dusted with the vitamin powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom