HELP CHESTER JUMPT FROM AA REALLY HIGH PLACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
i have some amazing news..... CHESTER IS PARISITE FREE AHHHHHHHHH :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm so proud of him!!!! we are going to get the tank soon but in confused he will poop perfectly fine and then an hr later he will black beard a little and then he will glass surf and then poop liquid and just urate? I've asked this before but I'm still confused and the vet said the small amount of blood in his stool could just be him straining a little bit but in still confused about the urates and liquid? :?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news he had a clean fecal exam then. You are sure that there is blood in
the stool or is it possibly just discoloration from food or supplements given?
The urates can become discolored such as orange tint, etc, from too much calcium or
vitamins.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
this past week he hasent had any calcium or multivitamins unless you count bee pollen as vitamins he eats a lot of bee pollen he Loves it so much so I give a good amount to him every day and he ate a lot of salad yesterday too and I'm 99.99% sure it was blood he also LOVES his crickets and the only thing I'm concerned about is the random urate with liquid which usually has a tint of brown Is it normal for them to just drop liquid or urates and also I'm going to stop cleaning with ammonium hydroxide and move to vinger solution. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going with your dragon this evening?
Well, if it blood, it would be more of a red tint/color & not orange. Would you consider the
color to be more orange tinted?
What are you feeding the crickets?
It is very normal for them to have extra liquids with the urate or stool.
Be sure that when you do any cleaning, that you rinse everything off well.

Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
he is doing great! I kinda made did a big update to his tank :mrgreen: I haven't gotten the 120 gallon but I made is tank half bioactive!!! I haven't added any isopods but it has soil I bought from a reptile store leaf litter and a huge piece of sanitized wood! it is not his basking spot bc w the soil I want to be able to put some springtails and he prefers it more for his basking spot to be the cave so it looks very cool! and he loves his log!! he was so confused at the fact there was a log in his tank and I am feeding his crickets collard, mustard, parsley, and some bazle so they get a little bit of his salad technically!
and I make sure it has water on top of them and ill post a pic of his tank in a little bit and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! for telling me about the extra liquid w urates is normal I was super concerned about that!! and no the blood was straight-up bright red but he hasn't had any blood in his stool this past week and 1/2!! and he has been trying calci worms! he loves them! so right now he is eating 5 calci worms and 5 medium crickets every other day! and a big salad every day which consists of collard, mustard, turnip, oregano, parsley,bazle, and bee pollen powder! he gets a good varety :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear he is doing so well! He will enjoy having that much space, once you have
him in the larger tank. I hope he likes the bioactive area in his tank.
At least he is eating well, most are so picky about their greens.
He should be fine having a bit of liquid with his stool, as long as it isn't a super loose stool
like diarrhea would be so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Let us know how things are going!
Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
sorry, I haven't responded in a few days I hope you did not worry! but he's doing great and is eating like a horse! just like he was when I got him! I'm starting a Dubai roach colony, too! His poos are well digested no blood and huge poops! active basking a lot and happy, no black bearding! :mrgreen: Overall doing great and I can't feel anything in his stomach and no glass surfing before or after pooping! he is doing great! falling off the balcony was definitely a throwback in his health through :shock: but he is doing amazing now! I'm going to weigh him today because he's eating good but looking the slightest bit skinny so I'm going to make sure he is 340+ grams! he is doing amazing!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am happy to hear of a positive update, he is on the mend. He was a very lucky dragon after
such a huge fall.
Good luck with your dubia colony, I am sure it will do well for you.
That's great he is eating so much, hopefully he is eating more greens too.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes, he is definitely eating the greens I give him one salad around 12 am and then another one if he is still hungry at 3 pm I haven't told you this yet but when I got him he WENT CRAZY for his greens he ate every little bit out of his bowl and I'm so glad he did! because at the place I got him lllreptile they don't seem to feed the adults greens?? I've seen multiple beardes eating the plastic greens in their enclosure :( luckily he did not have any plastic greens in his enclosure when I got him :eek: and they do give out proper lighting advice! they recommend long t5 UVB but they also recommend the colored nite time warm bulb :shock: but in total, he is doing great and for some reason likes car rides!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is terrific, Chester has gained so much weight now. It sounds like he has definitely
recovered nicely
You are right that a lot of the petstores don't provide greens or adequate food most of the
times unfortunately. Luckily he has had good lighting too. A lot of them tend to like car
rides.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes, he has definitely recovered amazingly I was wondering how he did not break his arms while falling? I feel his arms and bones are so small how did he not injure them or break them????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am amazed as well, that he averted complete disaster & the only explanation that I can
give is Divine Intervention. Just be grateful he has ended up fine. :)

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes I'm extremely grateful he is fine and I'm starting to see his personality come back too! one time I forgot to tuck him in for bed and when I woke up he was staring at me giving me the side-eye :lol: and his colors are nice and bright now and no black bearding for the past two months! ill update you if something happens!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Excellent, I am so happy Chester has pulled through so well for you now!
Definitely feel free to keep us updated on him & be sure to post new pictures of him as he
grows.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom