Dehydrated or worse??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smolmoops

111198-3615073203.jpg
So this is my lovely baby mufasa. He is my whole world and i have made many vet trips with him already. I came home today after being gone for 2 days (left him with family, family said they fed him but I doubt it. Theyre scared of him) to his eyelids being creased like this. I cant get a clear picture without him moving his eyes but you can see the indent in his upper eyelid. He is shedding and I gave him as much water as he wanted after a bath. His veggies are bad so I have to get him some in the morning, along with more crickets. He has a cute little overbite from a scar from glasssurfing when he was younger.
Anyways, I didnt notice the little bit of droopyness until I took these photos. Im guessing dehydration but I am hoping its not worse. Moneys tight rn, just had to spend 400 on my rabbit to go to the vet for a resp infec and 350 on a new tire so I want to be really sure before I make an appointment for him. Anything helps!!
111198-1877725958.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The way to tell if they are dehydrated -- the urate will be chalky and look dried out -- the poop should look like this dark moist and firm-- the urate should be white formed and moist -- any extra water is good -- rinse the salads before serving make sure the insects are good and hydrated -- carrots are a good hydrator -- please DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank over nite -- they will bite and can cause infections -- he could be going into shed over the eyes --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think his eyes look fine. They might be a bit dull, possibly going into shed as Karrie
suggested.
Is he eating anything right now?
You can try giving more oral fluids for a few days to see if that helps out. Use a plastic
dropper or syringe to drip water onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick any of the
water that way.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom