Bearded Dragon bruise healing or getting worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my 2 year old Bearded Dragon got a bruise about 2 months ago. I put saw raw honey on it for about a month. Then I stopped because it started to look better. I also didn't know how long I should keep doing it for. Should it have healed by now? It looks like this https://imgur.com/a/hI6Nd2V
Is it shedding or getting worse?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To me it looks like shed but we need to have someone else chime in here

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look like shed but shouldn't last so long in that area. Can you give Tacko a bath + use a toothbrush lightly on it ?

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
I did do that and it didnt seem to come off in the bath. I did get it wet though so hopefully the shed will come off soon. Would it make sense if he is hiding in the shade more due to his injury and it shedding?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He might be a little stressed , especially after getting the facial treatment as you tried to use the toothbrush on him.

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
AHBD":267o4yj5 said:
He might be a little stressed , especially after getting the facial treatment as you tried to use the toothbrush on him.

Okay thank you! Sorry but one more thing, should I start to use the honey again or continue to let it heal/shed on it's own?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can use more, a light coating as long as you don't have loose insects in the tank or a loose substrate that would stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom