Lumps on neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lajjea

111156-475054626.jpg
Hello. Can't get a vet appointment
111156-7914827391.jpg
until June 3rd, it's already been a week & I'm worried.
2 weeks ago a stink bug under baking dome freaked my
6 1/2 month male(?) BD. 2 or 3 nights later he was freaking out while it was still dark outside. Literally bouncing off the walls, jumping & clinging to screen in total panic which continued for hours. Something spooked him again but I never saw anything. After the stink bug he would bask but constantly check the screen. Since the freak out tho, he is refusing to bask under the dome. I've rearranged, place it over wherever he's at but he gets spooked & moves while looking at it to make sure it's still there.

The lumps appeared on both sides of neck under the ears. It's been a week & still there. His feces has been soft, a little loose & yesterday he began not eating like usual.

The lighting/bask is all up to par (another forum helped with that I feed dubia midday & pheonix am & pm. He doesn't eat his salads. I was giving calcium 5x a week/ Reptivite 2x. Is this too much calcium since he eats a lot of pheonix worms? I reduced the calcium 3 days ago & the lumps are still there.

Unable to find a way to post pics but the lumps look exactly like the photos where food is stored except one side larger & these lumps have been there without going down

Thank you!

Lajjea

Original Poster
KarrieRee":s3etvw3u said:
Please post pics of the dragon and neck
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on he pic it should post

Thank you! This site is very confusing. I'm not even sure that im replying back to you. I managed to upload but don't know how to post them here for you. I'm sorry!

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/26478/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/26476/full

I copied & pasted but not sure it will work?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Click on the link that you pasted then click on the XIMG at the top of the message box so you can post the pics if you click on the pic it will post in the message box

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you referring to the sides on his beard/mouth area, or, on his shoulder areas?
Did he eat a stink bug or did it just scare him?

Tracie

Lajjea

Original Poster
Drache613":27clwjnj said:
Hello,

Are you referring to the sides on his beard/mouth area, or, on his shoulder areas?
Did he eat a stink bug or did it just scare him?

Tracie
The jaw. Under where the scales stick out on the neck. The stink bug scared him. Someone stated their beardie has the same lumps for years so possibly it's normal & BD did better yesterday. I covered side glass with paper towels & he seemed to bask more. Will see how he does today.
He will be going into a larger enclosure as soon as I play around with lighting which has all sides solid & much larger than his 40 breeder

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, I was just making sure! I thought you might be referring to the "jowl" area, but, wasn't
completely sure.
So, he is better today? That's good. Has he eaten anything today?
I hope he enjoys his new larger tank! Keep us posted on him & I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie

Lajjea

Original Poster
Drache613":xztzukk9 said:
Hello,

Ok, I was just making sure! I thought you might be referring to the "jowl" area, but, wasn't
completely sure.
So, he is better today? That's good. Has he eaten anything today?
I hope he enjoys his new larger tank! Keep us posted on him & I hope he is feeling better.

Tracie
He is basking normal again. Still not eating like he was before but eating enough I guess. He either got over the stink bug incident, didn't like the sided clear glass exposed after being relocated or was getting too much calcium from all the pheonix worms plus getting roaches dusted daily. I made some changes & he's acting pretty normal.
Thanks so much!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, those lumps are normal, just part of the anatomy and may differ in size on some dragons. The occasional freak out can be normal too, so no worries ! Can you post pics of his entire body ? Just checking too be sure he's not getting overweight.

Lajjea

Original Poster
AHBD":2f4xsvpq said:
Yes, those lumps are normal, just part of the anatomy and may differ in size on some dragons. The occasional freak out can be normal too, so no worries ! Can you post pics of his entire body ? Just checking too be sure he's not getting overweight.

I hope I got the pics to upload! I scored the internet looking at pics to see if I could see the lumps but didn't have any luck. Then Skybug send me a photo saying her Sadie has had them for years! I didn't want gets to have an illness but I was so relieved to finally know it wasn't just Dreigo that had them. I've never liked reptiles in any shape or form until my son wanted this one. I said "Im not touching or cleaning one" he lost interest the very next day & because I live animals, I had to care for him & within one month I was hooked. Can't believe how much love I have for this dude. Now to only get him to eat the salads! He won't eat at all if I put bugs mixed with greens & picks out the Flukers soft food without eating the greens. Im at a loss! I've just started giving only greens the first feeding of the day but he comes to the window staring me down not eating until he gets the BSFL.
Any suggestions? I've tried varied fruit, greens, packaged & fresh & put the larva but...NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom