black throat only on one side

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

black throat only on one side

Postby isalovebeardy » Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Hi , I am not sure if i should worry, i never saw that before and i could not find any pictures that match what my bearde dragon look like when stressed. Only one circle on the left side of the throat get black. the other side stay light grey, as shown on pictures.
Last edited by isalovebeardy on Sat May 15, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
isalovebeardy
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: black throat only on one side

Postby KarrieRee » Sat May 15, 2021 12:48 pm

Pics did not post please try again
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SandP » Sun May 16, 2021 5:42 am

It looks like the lighter part is getting ready to shed and just making it not as dark. Do you know the reason for the black bearding?
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Sun May 16, 2021 8:18 am

That's just incomplete shedding along the beard. I don't see anything to worry about. It is probably causing some grumpiness and beard flaring to loosen the skin. It should come free eventually.
CooperDragon

Postby isalovebeardy » Sun May 16, 2021 3:34 pm

SandP wrote:It looks like the lighter part is getting ready to shed and just making it not as dark. Do you know the reason for the black bearding?

Thank you, I realize now, just the beginning of a new shedding! the second one for Birdy.
isalovebeardy
Newbie Poster

Postby isalovebeardy » Sun May 16, 2021 3:38 pm

isalovebeardy wrote:
SandP wrote:It looks like the lighter part is getting ready to shed and just making it not as dark. Do you know the reason for the black bearding?

Thank you, I realize now, just the beginning of a new shedding! the second one for Birdy. the reason for the blackening could be anything, he was outside basking in the yard, so it could have been a bird flying too low, or a loud noise (blower)
isalovebeardy
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER