Very sick beardie!! Please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Hi.
My little guy passed away in my arms at 11am today.
He had 2 nights at the vets where they hydrated and tube fed him, did blood tests to check how his liver was affected and he came home Wednesday. He was in a bad way, stressed out and went down hill from there. He just couldnt take it any more.

Last night he had his bath as the vet instructed and a small amount of feed. Put him in his tank. I checked a little while later and he seemed to have developed a tic in his head which he did every so often. He wouldnt relax or put his head down or sleep. I held him for a while and put him back. Checked a little while later and he was head up against the side of his tank, again i held him and he seemed to calm. I stayed with him through the night. He wouldn't settle or lay his head down, scrabbling up the walls. He vomited his feed and just lay in it. I cleaned him up and lay him on his heat mat on my lap and he eventually fell asleep. I put him back in his tank and he woke and faced the wall. This morning he was still the same.

I knew it would be the end for him today. I spoke to the vet and she said bath him to make sure hes hydrated and he had appointment this evening. He had a warm bath and my son held him on his heat mat and a blanket and read to him for a while. Popped him in his tank and after a while I checked on him and he was taking big breaths and then not breathing for a while.i laid him on my chest and he took one last deep breath and passed away.

Feel utterly heart broken here. He deteriorated so quickly and even though we knew the prognosis wasnt good we really tried for him to get better. Im happy he got to come home at the end and I was holding him as he passed.
I never knew I could feel this way about a reptile but are all devestated. We hoped he would have a long, happy life here. He only got a few weeks. We will miss him so much

Spikeyboo

My condolences to you and your family, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like u where a great mommy until the end. You did an amazing job! Find comfort that he is at peace, God Bless.

Zeezaa87

Original Poster
Spikeyboo":s3v7a95g said:
My condolences to you and your family, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like u where a great mommy until the end. You did an amazing job! Find comfort that he is at peace, God Bless.

Thank you that means alot. We are distraught.
Hows your little one doing?x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom