Beardie has a swollen thigh near femoral pore

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshnPyro

Considerably larger than the other leg... I'm not sure what exactly is the cause or what to do or what to expect. :/

* He's on glass because his turf was just cleaned.

IMG_2093.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not able to see that real clearly but it is possible that the femoral pore could be inflammed,
but not sure.
How long has this area been swollen like this?

Tracie

AshnPyro

Original Poster
Hi! Thanks for taking a look at this.

Its been something I've been noticing growing more substantially over the last two weeks.

Today he was walking around and i spent some time examining it, and the scales appear stretched, showing the dark skin between the rows. I'll see about getting some help taking a picture of his underside within a day or so when i can.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like infection so please try to get more pics ASAP. It appears to be quite a swelling so will probably need antibiotics.

AshnPyro

Original Poster
I tried to take another picture, but it was pretty hard to focus because he was squirmy today. Hopefully you can still see how the scales twist around that lump, which is, for size, about as large as that tip of my nail.
IMG_2126.jpg

I also found this on his front claw, and to me it looks like rot. I don't know if this is on any of his other toes... not what i expected to see.
IMG_2124.jpg

Are there any bathing solutions that could help fight this infection? I'll be taking him to the vet soon. Any help is very appreciated! x_x

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try adding some Povidone-iodine/Betadine to a warm bath, but I'm not sure that it would be of much help if the infection is internal. Shouldn't hurt to try though. The toe just looks slightly scraped/scabbed. My guess is that will heal or return to normal after a shed.

AshnPyro

Original Poster
Thank you for the advice! I'll look around for that solution then. It could help the surface atleast. I'll get him to a vet asap for the lump.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing, has the swelling on his leg receded any at all?
As suggested, diluted iodine can help to keep that area clean & raw unpasteurized honey
definitely helps out for any infection going on now. Does it seem to be bothering him any?
How is his hand looking, it appeared normal to me, is it possibly going to shed?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom