Bearded dragons urinate has yellow !! And not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am a new bearded dragon owner, his name is pascal, he is 3-4 months old, and I’ve had him for 2 months. The problem with him is that he is not eating, I am force feeding him greens by making them in smoothies and I’m giving him reptaboost. He is in the middle of shedding so that might be why he isn’t eating. I also want to add that I took him to the vet a couple of days ago and they gave him antibiotics (batryl), for liver problems, but I think he is to young, and he wasn’t experiencing any symptoms. (So I took him off them because they were having some side effects, I’m wondering if the batryl has anything to do with him not eating) For instance, I found his poop today and it seemed normal until I realized that his urinate is a bit yellow. Does anyone know why it is yellow? Any help is appreciated.
111127-4132733070.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tracie needs to address this issue-- I will flag to her -- she is the vet tech mod on here and is usually on at nite -- How much baytrl were you giving -- and why did the think he was having liver problems? Did they do bloodwork? How long has he not been eating? Please go over the basking temps and UVB please
temps are what? and how are you taking them?
UVB? brand and bulb and please NO coils---

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
Hi, thank you for responding. I was giving him 0.2 mil of batryl. The vet didn’t say why he just felt his stomach and said he might have some. but honestly it felt like he just wanted to give him medication, which is why I stopped giving him the batryl. And no they did not do bloodwork. He hasn’t been eating for a day an a half, I forced him to eat a phoinex worm not so long ago. His basking temps range from 100-109, I measure them with digital thermometer on each side of his cage. His uvb is reptisun t5 10.0

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
And you have the T 5 in the tank or top of screen? If its in the tank it needs to be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches --- the baytril will effect the eating -- keep him hydrated -- either drop water on his nose or syringe feed but you MUST DO IT SLOWLY so he does not aspirate -- you may haft to force feed him hes pretty young not to be eating and you dont want his so lethargic he cant eat on his own -- hes too little --- you can make some veggie slurry for him w/ your greens and add some BSFL in there too - that will give him calcium --- if you haft to force feed do it very slowly so he does not aspirate - water it down so hes getting water -- the vet said he might have some ??????????? and so meds were prescribed --- thats a NO NO -- bloodwork should of been done to diagnose liver issues -- did you take a fecal in for testing ?

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
The t5 is on top of the screen. I am keeping him very hydrated since he is drinking on his own. I am trying to force feed him, but he is incredibly stubborn so it is difficult.
I did make a slurry, and he drank it with no problem, I didn’t think of putting the BSFL. As for the vet I’m finding a new one so I can take him if he doesn’t get better (no I did not take a stool sample). But I also think it has to do with his shedding since he just started shedding.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes shedding can cause them not to eat and it will / can make them very crabby--- the decor piece for the T 5 MUST HAVE A WIDE HOLE screen please and decor piece directly under the UVB 8-10 inches

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What supplementation are you giving to him?
The urates can be off colored for a number of reasons, really. If he really didn't have any
type of infection then he probably didn't need any type of medication. The Baytril is a good
antibiotic, but, it is relatively harsh on the system. You ceased with giving it to him for now?
The medication could be responsible for the discoloration of the urates.
As Karrie suggested, shedding can cause a lack of appetite also, but the medication will also
affect his eating, too. You could consider putting him on a probiotic for a few weeks. You can
try some non dairy acidophiliz, or non dairy organic soy yogurt to help balance out his system
after the Baytril.

Tracie

Pascalisdope

Original Poster
Hi, thank you for the response. I am giving him Flukes reptaboost since he refuses to eat(he’s only eaten two BSLF in the past two days because I forced him), I am also giving him green smoothies. And trying to keep him well hydrated(he is only drinking liquids right now) I did stop giving him medication because I didn’t see anything wrong with him. Additionally, he is on probiotics (and was pooping daily)he is also on bee pollen, since I heard it’s good for there immune system. Do you suggest putting him on the antibiotics, since he does seem very down? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom