I'm at a loss and heart broken atm..

maya001

Long story short me and my fiance became homeless for a few months due to my family kicking us out because of his race.

And during that I let my aunt hold on to and take care of my bearded dragon Rex at the time because it wouldn't have worked out being homeless and having him. But come to find out my aunt let my cousin (who has a vengeance towards me for some reason) and

3 weekends ago I tried to get Rex back because after a LONG struggle we finally had a stable place.. 22 hours away. I stressed to my aunt that I needed him that weekend cause we were leaving. She tried talking to my cousin but she refused giving him back and stating I abandoned him when I did not. My family abandoned me. So the only choice I had was to file a police report for a stolen pet. But the deputy that I spoke with said he would go try to get him that day when he never did. I still never got a call from the investigation team so I finally called and talked to the sheriff and he said the deputy put that case as just a civil court case.

I'm now 22 hours out of state. And the only was I could get him back is to set a civil court date but it seems impossible!

He was my emotional support animal and helped through a hard time (never registered unfortunately) and he's my cats best friend. They love each other and my heart is just broken rn

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles... it certainly seems you're going through some dark times. Sending positive thoughts, good vibes, and prayers that everything works out for you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I will send good thoughts your way, that really is too bad your cousin is being so mean.
You could remind him/her that karma comes in all forms & to be a vengeful person will
eventually come back to haunt him/her.
I hope that you are able to get your dragon returned to you.

Tracie

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry to hear that, last year I was in quarantine for some months and had a friend watching my pet.
I'm sure he tried to do everything he could but in the end my beardy passed and it was very hard to deal with As I had rescued her and she came everywhere with me from work to school to the mall.

I can relate to what you're going through, I hope that you get her back.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Here’s the plan.

When your cousin goes on vacation next and hires a pet sitter, that pet sitter shall bring an identical beardie to the house and swap it with your beardie while your cousin is away. Honestly beardies of the same morph are so similar in appearance that they can easily be swapped and no one will know. Your cousin might think they just had a change in personality or something but I don’t think they’d realize they’ve been swapped.

IrvinShort

Good plan, loljelloclowdz. I hope it's worked for her. We've not heard from Maya for more than a year. Hope she's doing well. Maya001, I wish you had kept us updated on your issue. Please, let us know if we can help you somehow.

IrvinShort

Good plan, loljelloclowdz. I hope it's worked for her. We've not heard from Maya for more than a year. Hope she's doing well. Maya001, I wish you had kept us updated on your issue. Please, let us know if we can help you somehow.
You know, I have a close friend who had the same situation a couple of years ago. Luckily now he's doing great. He works at Service Dog Registration of America | SDRA, where they help people register their dogs. Still, I'd be really happy if I knew how I could help you. I'll be waiting for your reply. Wish you all the best.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom