HELP CHESTER JUMPT FROM AA REALLY HIGH PLACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Was there blood in his stool again, or not? Remember he has been through quite a bit
of stress recently so his parasite level may have increased again.
So you were able to get him bathed? They can be terrible about running through their
messes making it very difficult to get them cleaned up.

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
no there was no blod not from what I culd see there could have been a drop but when I got home it was a mess :shock: but I have a question why do you think he will just poop urate and a bit of liquid he did this a long time ago then stoped and it happening again :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds like he has parasites -- make sure you take a sample into the vet w/ you -- DO NOT let them do a enema -- most times they end up in disaster --- viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
as far as keeping him from getting it all over him I have not a clue- my two dragons get as far away from their poop as they can after they have done their job-- the only thing I can tell you is watch him - do you know how often hes pooping and the times -- it seems some have a schedule - my two its in the mornings and in a certain spot on the tiles

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I just wanted to say that you need to take the partition out of his tank, 20 gallons is nowhere near big enough for comfort and for heat gradient. Even 40 gallons is on the small side, but you definitely need to give him at least that much room.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes i know 40 gallons is on the small side I'm upgrading to a 120 gallon bioactive as soon as he's healthy and has no more coccidia and I have been taking heat measurements and it doesn't cover half the stank you may be thinking he only has the heat side but I'm covering it so he has the warm and cool side to thermoregulate i just took around 5-10 gallons until we know-nothings wrong he also has a blanket underneath him after I deep clean is the tank after he poops so I know he won't soil it!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
ABHD u there? hes pooping and eating now and he is eating crickets tomorrow at 6:20 his checkup starts :D

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
hello Tracy! I see you are on here I want to update you on chess he ate 8 crickets and some collard and we are taking a stool sample to the vet so we can see his levels and I'm starting a colony of dwarf powder orange isopods for his future bioactive 120 gallons! do you have any tips or tricks to make a tank??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you already have his tank? That will be a large tank. You are sure that you want to
do a bioactive tank, they can be challenging.
Your vet appointment is on Monday (today) for a fecal to be sure his system is in check?
We have an Enclosure forum that you could post in, for tank ideas if you would like.
It sounds like he is eating pretty well also, that's great!

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes I know bioactives are hard and 120 gallons is big but I plan on doing it I was thinking half of it could be tile or just having it plain bioactive I don't have the tank yet but I'm starting to grow my isopod culture and they are dwarf orange powders and I plan to put them in the tank and also I don't have the tank yet because I'm deciding whether I want to make it get it from zen

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
so we had to cancel the vet trip because parents insisted because he's acting looking and eating well we will do a stool sample instead to see his count and we are bringing the stool tomorrow. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds good, so you are still going to take a fecal in for testing?
I hope that everything is fine with him & that he doesn't have any injuries. It sounds like
he escaped any major injuries.
The half & half tank would be a good idea, some variety for him then. When do you plan on
starting the tank project?

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Drache613":3s3g4b3e said:
Hello,

That sounds good, so you are still going to take a fecal in for testing?
I hope that everything is fine with him & that he doesn't have any injuries. It sounds like
he escaped any major injuries.
The half & half tank would be a good idea, some variety for him then. When do you plan on
starting the tank project?

Tracie
probably in a month when I make/buy the tank I'm going to use a mix of jungle soil I can buy at my local reptile store mixed with play sand from home depot a 75% to 25% ratio and they sell things for soo cheap! 20-30 crickets for 1 dollar!! one time I got 40 for a dollar! but I plan on doing it as soon he's parisite free and my isopod colony grows! so if he eats some I have a lot more left! and yes we are dropping off the fecal this afternoon right when he poops it takes 30-40 minutes to get there too :? but hopefully, his coccidia rates are low because he hasn't had blood in his stop for 2 and 1/2 weeks! and yes I also think he escaped certain death :shock: my grandma is now calling him superman :lol: I'm just super grateful and happy he did not die get injured or internally bleed thankfully tho we have a emergency pet hospital that takes reptiles 3 minutes away :D

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
oh and we sent the stool today it should be done in 1-2 days and I'm going to ask for the count! and sadly today he had a pretty decent amount of blood in his stool :( but that was after we took the stool :?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Let us know what the fecal test results come back with. So you mentioned he did have some
blood in his stool this time? You are positive that it is blood & not just discoloration from a food
or supplement he is getting?
I hope he is having a great day!

Tracie

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
I'm positive its blood :( and definitely I'm telling you his fecal results :eek: and so far he's having a good day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom